Happy Friday, and welcome to October. For those in my city Tehran – the autumn weather has arrived!
Thank you so much for writing to me and expressing that you noticed I didn’t write you a letter in August. Writing these community letters – which has been going on for almost the past three years – is among the few things that I do alone.
I lost track of time and date so much that I missed our August update. But I have so much good news for you now! So get informed and involved, baby!
Good old performance still works.
- I know for a lot of you, getting a government publication certificate is not a big deal. If that’s the case, you are probably not living in Iran. But for us, living in Iran takes almost two years, and the good news is that we finally got it! “Worthy Ideas Publications” is going to be out there very soon. We will focus on TEDxTehran speakers and push them to continue their journey of sharing worthy ideas, this time in their books.
- We organized TEDxTehran 2021 on Aug 27, where hundreds of audiences joined us online. The talks are going to be out in a few days. It’s BIG!
- We had a hearing to report Post Bank‘s activities for the new parliament in charge during the past three years. We blew their minds by showcasing our numbers. As the CEO’s advisor, it was so amazing to share that we’ve had a 14x growth in our stock market value and that the bank has become one of the top 3 banks of the Islamic world.
- At Zitel, we are going to launch our 5G internet connection on October 29. Currently, the super-fast connectivity is available in Tehran but soon will be available in other places.
Corporate communication is magic.
- At Digikala, we launched another internal communication channel. D-Talk is now available, and the first episode is live now. It’s always essential for big internet companies which deal with young talent to keep their communication open and existing!
- At Zitel, we went even further and created a committee for internal communications. We organize events, create new channels, and create activities to make sure that everyone is heard.
- Our Bento is also connecting more and more to its audience. We understood that we should approach our customers – or users- as our audience. They are there not just to buy but to co-create this fantastic journey with the leadership[ team of the company.
- Bebarino approaches its customers the same. In the absence of international couriers like DHL and TNT, Bebarino organizes many travelers to and from Iran to act as couriers for their peers.
Climate change is essential for us, so we took action.
- Oppmakr Institute has officially been introduced as the Community Host in Iran for the Global Assembly. GA is the first global citizens’ assembly that anyone on earth can join. They involve governments, businesses, artists, scientists, social movements.
- TEDxTehran Countdown is around the corner. We are preparing for the big day on the 5th of November, when we will combine live TEDxTehran talks with amazing TEDTalks. The event will be available through the internet for everyone. The Countdown is a global initiative to champion and accelerates solutions to the climate crisis, turning ideas into action.
I also shared a few thoughts publically.
- The latest issue of the Idea Designers magazine just came out with my article in it. In his article “The Entropy of Iran’s Elite,” I wrote about how the brains of Iran’s economy and cultural leaders are wired to keep their distance from each other. Thus society pays for it. Find more.
- My previous article on Idea Designers Magazine about “Coping with Ambiguity” is now available on my website. Hamed Jafari also invited me to his podcast to talk about the topic. Read and watch.
- The video of my panel conversation with Ebad Ghafoori, Navid Khaastesh, and Ali Ahmadi at the INOTEX 2021 is not available on the internet. The topic of the day was Corporate Social Responsibility in Iran. Watch.